Page loading, please wait...

The page still doesn't show? Click here

BOM Home Biet-O-Matic Forum
  Watched TopicsWatched Topics     FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ebay UK Login Fail - Captcha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Biet-O-Matic Forum Forum Index -> Problem und Behebung | Problem and Solution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnR
BOM-interessiert
BOM-interessiert

PostPosted: 26.08.2019 - 23:02    Post subject: Ebay UK Login Fail - Captcha Reply with quote

Hi
Sorry for English post but I cannot read German. This problem has probably been covered in German already.

Just tonight BOM login to Ebay UK fails and brings up the captcha screen with message we need to verify its you.... etc. I can however login with Firefox browser or Opera browser (with vpn) without any problem or captcha screen being triggered. Using the login test in BOM it always fails.

It seems Ebay is somehow identifying login is coming from BOM or indeed any sniper tool?

Is there a solution to this problem? If we cannot be sure BOM can login and/or bid it becomes useless Sad

John
VancoD
BOM-interessiert
BOM-interessiert

PostPosted: 03.09.2019 - 00:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also having login failures here in the US. The error page that is generated is completely blank, so I have no idea if it's a CAPTCHA or not - all I know is I can get into my account via browser without issue (and no CAPTCHA) but BOM can no longer authenticate.

It's def. CAPTCHA

Code:
ttp-equiv="refresh" content="10; url=/distil_r_captcha.html?requestId=77a2c899-0e0e-4df6-a871.........
Freddy
BOM-interessiert
BOM-interessiert

PostPosted: 05.09.2019 - 12:30    Post subject: Re: Ebay UK Login Fail - Captcha Reply with quote

JohnR wrote:
Is there a solution to this problem?

Unfortunately there's no solution for this problem, because it is caused by curl. Happened already two years ago, after a few weeks the captcha has disappeared. Seems to be different this time, the problem first occurred two month ago.

By the way: The problem is discussed here:
https://translate.google.com/translate?client=firefox-b&client=tw-ob&uact=5&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bid-o-matic.org%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D3999
onomatic
BOM-interessiert
BOM-interessiert

PostPosted: 04.11.2019 - 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the following:

1. Window/Options: 'Connection' tab. Deactivate 'Use cURL'
2. Click on the 'Server' tab. Check which ServerStrings you are using, eg: for UK, usually ServerStrings_ebay.co.uk.ini
3. Close BOM. Open above file in Notepad (usually in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bid-O-Matic) - so for UK it would be ServerStrings_ebay.co.uk.ini, or whichever you are using. Make a backup copy first.
4. Find the following lines (about quarter way into file):
Code:
; scriptserver 5: login
Script5="signin.ebay.co.uk"

- change the second line here to:
Code:
; scriptserver 5: login
Script5="ebay.co.uk"

Save, relaunch program, check login works
NOTE: you may need Administrator Rights, esp. on Win 10 to change that file.
(solution borrowed from hendrikm on german thread, Danke!)

The above fixes login problem by me, YMMV
login seems slower tho, not tested this much, maybe report if this works or not for you, thanks
m1k3
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: 26.11.2019 - 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that does fix the problem for me.
WOK
BOM-interessiert
BOM-interessiert

PostPosted: 27.11.2019 - 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

m1k3 wrote:
Thanks, that does fix the problem for me.

Did you try actual bidding, not only "Test Login"? Because that is the actual problem and not working at all any more.
Lioninstreet
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: 28.11.2019 - 04:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the above solution using IE & Chrome with no success attempting to log in from Options/Bid.

IE restricts webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls. Clicking on complete captcha the page cant be displayed.
onomatic
BOM-interessiert
BOM-interessiert

PostPosted: 01.12.2019 - 03:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, any relief via above appears to have been temporary Rolling Eyes
For whatever reason, BOM bids seem to be triggering eBays never-ending anti-user measures, specifically Captcha. I'm not sure its even worth trying to dig up a(nother) temp workaround, our developer appears to have chucked it.

Keeping an eye on the German forum, any proven usable fix shows up, happily translate/repost. But they are none the wiser either atm, and general problem remains, BOM needs either an active developer (to keep up with eBay's attacks on their regulars), or, we give up on it.

Like many, I'd more than happily pay some contribution. I also have an idea who -might- be interested (and more than capable) of taking on development, if asked. But it would be up to the admin/developer here to confirm, they have no interest in continuing beforehand. But a decision/communication (one way or another) be good, otherwise.. be sad to see BOM go, but this half-functional flux, its no state either.
onomatic
BOM-interessiert
BOM-interessiert

PostPosted: 11.12.2019 - 02:38    Post subject: (Some..) Progress Reply with quote

Quick Update for anyone not also following the German topics and still wondering why their Bids ain't Bidding.

sewe has made (and is hopefully still making..) progress on a browser extension that should at least allow for successful bid placement:
https://www.bid-o-matic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19955
While this isn't 100% and there is no general release to test yet, it is promising. It wouldn't be a complete BOM replacement at present, only for placing bids - but BOM can still be used as article watch DB meantime, as at present.

Hopefully, can see these elements combined again, and the bidding back on track - BUT at present, BOM itself still not very useful for bidding (its broke) - but things are going in right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Biet-O-Matic Forum Forum Index -> Problem und Behebung | Problem and Solution All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: